Oversees all SOC activities, including managing other members and creating new policies and procedures.
- Hiring and training SOC staff
- Create defensive and offensive strategy
- Manages resources, priorities and projects, and manages the team directly when responding to business-critical security incidents.
- Manages the escalation process and reviews incident reports
- Develops and executes crisis communication plan to CISO and other stakeholders.
- Acts as point of contact for the business for security incidents, compliance etc.
- Runs compliance reports and supports the audit process.
- Measures SOC performance metrics and communicates the value of security operations to business leaders.
Skills & Qualifications
Similar to Tier 3 analyst, including project management skills, incident response management training, strong communication skills.