The Cloud Solution Architect is responsible for providing technical solutions to new and existing customers on iVolve’s Services, including Managed Services, Managed Security Services, Hosting Service on Public Clouds, Backup & DR solutions, etc.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced industry professional with strong core technical skills to join and add value to a dedicated and friendly team.
Responsible for actively driving and managing the cloud solution process with direct and channel customers, the Cloud Solution Architect must be able to articulate the company’s technology and product portfolio, positioning to both business and technical users.
Primarily engaged in a Cloud Solution Architect role, the consultant will provide technical assistance and guidance during the pre-sales process by identifying customers technical and business requirements, prior to designing a solution, consulting with technical teams about capabilities, and supporting business sales teams, account managers and partners on proposal activities.
- To attend meetings with potential Clients to determine technical and business requirements and ensure that all necessary information is acquired prior to producing a solution.
- Provide technical solutions in a professional manner and within agreed timeframes.
- Create and confidently deliver technical presentations internally and externally.
- Deliver training on solutions and provide product support to channel partners and internal stakeholders.
- Create internal design configuration documentation including network diagrams with technical explanations.
- Work with the internal teams to feedback on issues with current products and provide input around new products.
- Build productive relationships internally and externally, fostering teamwork by keeping colleagues updated on activities.
- Perform technical development for iVolve solutions as part of a design and development framework.
- Able to understand business drivers and risks involved to the customer and provide a solution accordingly.
- Sell technical solutions to the customer with professionalism and enthusiasm.
- Provide accurate and timely management information, including (but not limited to) - activity reports, bid reviews, project forecasts, KPI’s.
- Adhere to the Company’s Quality and Business Processes.
- Understand the competitive Cloud market and should be able to provide a comprehensive cost and price analysis for the projects.
- To structure and produce compelling sales proposals/commercial and technical documentation outlining the cost savings and business benefits to clients.
- To assume responsibility for running a bid team, where relevant.
- Interface with the implementation/project team, articulating customer requirements, to ensure a smooth transition from Sales to Delivery.
Ability to demonstrate iVolve’s products and technologies effectively to audiences of varied technical knowledge.
- In-depth working knowledge of networks including TCP/IP v4 and TCP/IP v6 including an understanding of routers, switches, firewalls, etc.
- Strong knowledge in Cloud technologies including IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS as well as other technologies associated with the Cloud market.
- Strong understanding of Public Cloud Providers like AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Alibaba Cloud.
- Comfortable working with hosting technologies including Windows and Linux based server systems, network storage systems, and data center services.
- Working knowledge of current security issues and technologies concerning the industry, together with a demonstrable interest in keeping abreast of technical developments in this field.
- Good working knowledge of connectivity methods including (but not limited to) MPLS and SD-WAN.
- Understanding of the lower-level workings of VPN technologies including IPSEC and MPLS VPNs
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint.
- AWS or Azure cloud certifications will be an advantage.
- Cisco Certifications CCNA, CCDA & CCNP will be an advantage.
- Fortinet Certification FCNSA & FCNSP will be an advantage.
- Previous experience in requirements gathering, design and solution building, and the ability to replicate this in a commercial form.
- Able to show and discuss a range of previous customer solution designs.
- Be able to demonstrate familiarity with hosting as well as network solution designs and show integration between the two.
- Be able to demonstrate familiarity with resilient solution design for networks and infrastructure and discuss security implications for the two disciplines.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships internally at a variety of levels and work closely with commercial departments such as sales, operations, and product development.
- Organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches.
- Ability to cope under pressure and prioritize work accordingly.
Project management experience will be a distinct advantage.