Tier 1 SOC analysts monitor, manage, and configure security tools, review events and escalate incidents if necessary.
- Receive and monitor and review alerts.
- Carry out triage to validate event / incident and determine severity and urgency.
- Oversee and configures security monitoring tools.
- Escalates incidents to Tier 2, if necessary
- Creates new trouble tickets for alerts that signal an incident and require Tier 2 / Incident Response review
- Runs vulnerability scans and reviews vulnerability assessment reports.
Skills & Qualifications:
System administration skills, web programming languages such as Python, Ruby, PHP, scripting languages, security certifications such as SANS SEC401